Thursday, July 7, 2011

First Ever Blog Post

I've recently toyed with starting a blog. Like many people, I'm sure, the thought of "who would want to read this crap" ran through my head along with "What would I even write about?". I decided to share my finished projects.

I recently started stamping (card making not scrapbooking) again after a two or three year hiatus. Besides making my Christmas cards I haven't done much. Recently I have found a fun group of ladies that meet every 6 weeks or so and learn new techniques and swap cards with.

I have also dabbled in making beaded jewelry. I've put together a few kits of earrings and necklaces and decided that I wanted to learn this for real and took a "Basics" class at at local bead store (Beadalotta). The ladies there are great and I got to work with wire and made a bracelet and pair of earrings. (To be shared later) Just this last Tuesday I took a class to learn how to stitch the beads together. I'm not much of a sewer so this made me a little nervous. I didn't do so bad and am now ready to learn a new pattern.

Anyway, I've rambled enough... I am using this blog to share my finished projects. So here's the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment